Lehigh County Sports Fields - Pavilion
4238 Walnut Street, Allentown, PA 18104
- No parking on grass, unless clearly designated as a parking area. Follow parking patterns at all times. Obey speed limits. Tickets will be issued.
- Pick up your trash. Soccer fields should be treated as hallowed ground.
- No smoking, No alcohol. Just soccer.
The Lou Ramos Classic is a US Youth Soccer sanctioned tournament that accepts US Club Soccer teams and foreign teams. Please scroll down to read 2017 Registration Procedures for online registration.
TEAM and PLAYER ELIGIBILITY
Teams may register a maximum of
- 14 Players for U09-10, 7v7 Format
- 16 Players for U11-U12, 9v9 format
- 18 Players for U13-U15, 11V11 format
A team may use up to 3 guest and or secondary players for small sided teams and up to 5 guest and or secondary players for full sided teams up to the player maximum. Secondary players are guest players. A player can play only for one team and one team only. Each team must be registered with a single National Soccer Association affiliated with USYSA/USSF and must present a valid stamped and signed roster.
U.S. Soccer birth year alignment
We will be implementing the U.S. Soccer mandated birth year calendar change age groups for the Lou, and no longer using the August 1st age group cut off. Under the new system, players will fall into the following age groups:
|Age Group||Birth Year|
|U9||Born in 2011|
|U10||Born in 2010|
|U11||Born in 2009|
|U12||Born in 2008|
|U13||Born in 2007|
|U14||Born in 2006|
|U15||Born in 2005|
RULES OF PLAY
FIFA Laws of the Game will apply except where noted below. Rules and/or interpretations provided by USSF and the Tournament Director will be incorporated.
Special small-sided rules
For 7v7 there will be a build out line/off sides line. Players are to be behind the line if goalie has the ball in hands. Once the ball is played players can cross the line and pressure the ball. If the goalie puts the ball down to his feet after the save is made opposing team may pressure the ball. For goal kicks opposing team must start behind the build out line until goalie/ field player strikes the goal kick.
No voluntary heading for 7v7. Headers are to be an indirect kick from the position that the header took place for the opposing team. If the attacking team heads the ball in the box it is to be a indirect kick from the position of the header (opposing team must retreat to build up line/off sides line until ball is kicked). If the header is in the box from the defending team the ref is to walk off a straight line to the top of the box (in line from where the header took place).
Check-in before match
A team forfeits the match if they fail to report within five minutes of their match start time. Player picture identification cards are to be present and available at all matches. The shirt number of each player must be the same as the player’s shirt number on the daily match report or roster.
Duration of Games, overtime, and Ball Sizes
|Division||Game Length*||Ball Size|
|U8-10||25 Min Halves||Size 4|
|U11-12||30 Min Halves||Size 4|
|U13-15||30 Min Halves||Size 5|
* Semi-Final games tied after regulation go directly into FIFA Penalty Kicks. Finals will play two 5 minute overtime halves, and go into FIFA Pentalty kicks if stilled tied.
Substitutions may be made on your own throw in and on the other team's throw in. Other substitutions are permitted at the following times during the run of play:
- Possession of a throw-in
- Either team’s goal kick
- Either team scores a goal
- At half-time and/or start of overtime periods
- In case of injury, the other team may substitute one player
- After a player receives a caution, player’s coach may substitute for player
It will be at the Referee’s discretion to determine the safety and suitability of player equipment including the wearing of an orthopedic cast or hard brace. Shin guards are mandatory for all players.
Team Field Position
Teams must sit on the same side of the field. All spectators must take a position on the opposite side of the field as the teams and remain behind the dasher lines. No spectators are allowed behind goal areas.
Player, Coach, Bench Personnel and/or Spectator Behavior
- All listed above are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the spirit, as well as, the Laws of the Game.
- Coaches are responsible for the actions of the team’s players, bench personnel, and spectators.
- Coaches and/or Players sent off from a match (red card or two yellow cards) will not be allowed to participate in the next match.
- If a coach receives a red card during a game, he or she must leave the playing area (in other words, needs to go to the parking lot). Another licensed parent or coach from that club may assume coaching duties. If none available, then a parent from that team can supervise the players. The sent off coach may not proceed to another team or game to assume coaching duties without first having served the "suspension" for the game he/she was sent off in. Disciplinary committee will review the suspension and make final decisions on the good of the team and game.
- A player or coach sent off for violent conduct or serious foul play may be subject to further sanctioning. Anyone assaulting a referee will be expelled from the tournament.
- If in the opinion of game officials, a game must be suspended for any reason, the game may be resumed but is subject to being ended not less than five (5) minutes prior to the scheduled start of the next game. If in the opinion of game officials, a game must be terminated for misconduct of players, bench coaches, or spectators, the offending team could be suspended from further play and forfeits that game and all remaining games. All previous points earned remain as played. Additionally, the home league and State Association will be contacted as appropriate.
- A player is only allowed to play with one team.
Teams will be awarded points on the following basis:
- Three (3) points for each Win
- One (1) point for each Tie
- Zero (0) points for each Loss
- Failure to report ready to play within five minutes of scheduled kick off time, failure to check in at registration, or causing a terminated game will result in a team forfeiture, 0-1. The other team will be awarded three (3) points
After bracket play, if tied in points, advancement to Semi-Final will be determined:
- The winner in Head to Head competition (If there is 3-way tie, proceed to next tie breaker)
- Goal Differential, maximum of +/-4 goals per game. (Team wins 5-0, reported at 4-0.)
- Fewest Goals Against
- Most Total Wins
- Most Shut Outs
- Fewest Red Cards
- If a tie still exists, FIFA Penalty Kicks (15m Prior to Semi-Final)
The team is the team which appears first on the game schedule. The Home Team will supply the game ball, unless supplied by the Tournament. The game ball will be subject to Referee approval. The Home Team will be required to switch to alternate jerseys to accommodate a color conflict as declared by the referee
The assignor must be approved by the governing soccer associations and only registered USSF referees will be permitted to officiate. The amount of referees per game in each age division can be found below.
|Division||Division Games||Division Finals|
|U8-10||1 Referees||3 Referees|
|U11-12||3 Referees||3 Referees|
|U13-15||3 Referees||3 Referees|
The Tournament Rules Committee reserves the right to make the following changes in the event of inclement weather:
- Relocate and/or reschedule a match.
- Change a division structure.
- Reduce scheduled duration of a match
- Cancel a match
- If any game is cancelled due to weather or emergency, the score shall be reported at the time of the cancellation regardless of length of time played.
All disputes will be settled by the Tournament Director or his/her designee and the decision will be final.
Pro rated refunds will be made in the event the tournament has to be cancelled. The rate will be determined based on all tournament expenses incurred up to the time of cancellation. Teams withdrawing from the tournament after the application deadline will not have their application fee returned unless another team can be found to fill their spot.
In the event that Friday or Saturday games are cancelled, games will be rescheduled for Sunday and played as 25 min games with no half time. If time permits, finals may be played as regular length games, but this is at the discretion of the tournament committee. No refunds will be issued in this event.