A Tradition of Excellence
All players, new and returning, wishing to tryout for an LVU Team must pre-register and pre-pay online.
Tryouts and Registration
2019-2020 LVU TRYOUTS
TRYOUT CHECK-IN PROCESS:
- Online registration for tryouts is mandatory. There is a $20 tryout fee through the online registration, which covers registration and payment for all of the tryout dates for that age group*
- Each candidate is encouraged to attend all tryouts for their age group. If you are unable to attend all tryouts, please email the appropriate age group director prior to the tryout start.
- Interested in learning more about what it means to play for LVU? Learn about our Tryout Process, LVU Team Costs, Yearly Plans, and Registration Policies through the documents below!
- Directions to all tryout locations.
- Lehigh Valley United Tryout Q & A
Please arrive 30 minutes early in order to complete the check in process. We ask that all players report to check in table to receive their tryout number and appropriate field assignment. After conclusion of tryout please hold onto your tryout number for future tryout dates. If you did not attend the first tryout and are attending the second, report to the Tryout Table to check in and receive further instructions.
TRYOUT DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY AND BEFORE HEADING TO THE FIELDS FOR ANY WEATHER RELATED UPDATES.
- For information regarding LVU Teams and Registration for the 2019-2020 Season, download the updated registration packet coming soon!
- Players Born Between 2001-2005: Please note that tryouts for High School age teams will remain open through a final tryout in the Fall season.
- Players Born Between 2012-2015: All players are accepted into the LVU Juniors Academy Program upon evaluation and registration. For more information please head to the LVU Juniors Academy page.
- Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
LVU parent testimonial
Here’s some of what I have observed over Christopher’s 5-year LVU experience:
- Superior Training — The competency of Chris’s coaches is unquestionably and uniformly excellent. He has had no less than half a dozen coaches at LVU (partly because he’s received some specialty training as a goalkeeper). Each coach has demonstrated a high level of commitment to excellence in coaching. They’ve taken the time and effort to obtain higher-level USSF licensing (even if soccer parents have no idea what an A, B, or C license means). They come to each practice or training time with a plan for individual player development. And their methods work! Chris’s performance has improved tremendously over the years.
- Character-Based Coaching — At LVU Christopher has observed not only effective coaches but effective adult role models; as parents of three boys, this is a particularly high value for Karen (my wife) and I
- Game-Changing Field Time — Significant winter training time is absolutely vital to player development, and every club promises it; LVU actually provides it—several times a week, every week, from late November to late March. The extra touches add up! Players can’t get a better opportunity to develop their soccer-playing ability than by playing at LVU.
- Vision-Casting — Every parent wants to expose their child to activities that capture their child’s imagination and encourage him or her to set high goals, develop discipline, work hard and smart, and achieve. Christopher’s LVU coaches have given him a vision for achievement and challenged him to grow in important areas.
- The Immeasurable Joy of “Team” — The soccer world is amazing; it’s one of those communities where you play with and against players who you meet again and again over years. Some of those players end up becoming lifelong friends as you participate together and see one another overcome adversity and share goals. Years later, you still cheer at your old teammates’ achievements. My son has begun to develop those kind of friendships at LVU.
- Former LVU Parent, Chip Buck
*Online Registration helps to save time and keep things effecient on the night of tryouts. On-Site registrations will incur an additional $5 fee.